The Orlando Heart of the City Fellows is a Christ-centered, character formation program for recent college graduates based in the local church. Our mission is to prepare the Fellows to live seamless lives of faith and ‘Start Well’.
Orlando Heart of the City Fellows
We are committed to helping shape and prepare Fellows to become Kingdom-minded individuals of character, grounded in the rhythms of a healthy Christian life and intimate relationship with Jesus. Our focus on spiritual formation and understanding the connection between our faith and work life will help participants practice integrating their experiences and circumstances, to learn to live a more seamless life of faith.
A Fellows Program is an intensely practical nine-month experience designed to prepare recent college grads to live seamless lives of faith. Your laboratory will be a part-time professional job in your field of interest, theological coursework, bible study, mentoring and service. This leadership development program equips Fellows to have a thoughtful impact in the world.
Connect the dots between faith and work at the beginning of your career, and discover God's redemptive purpose for your work.
Be a Fellow in The City Beautiful
A Fellows program helps you develop a more complete Christian worldview, gain practical work experience, be actively mentored, learn to live as part of a community, and experience life in the local church.
How it Works
- Fellows will have a paid part-time internship in the Orlando area in their field of interest.
- Fellows will take graduate courses in theology through Reformed Theological Seminary, designed to equip them for a daily integration of their faith. Fellows will earn 6 credits.
- Fellows will serve and worship at First Presbyterian Church of Orlando, a city center church in downtown Orlando, Florida.
- Fellows will have an assigned mentor, and be biblically discipled within the Fellows community of as many as 12 young men and women.
- Fellows will live with a host family in the Orlando area.
- Orlando Fellows will take retreats, go to conferences, and have specialized opportunities to broaden their understanding of faith and work, grounded in the rhythms of a healthy Christian life.
- Coursework with The Collaborative, a 50 year initiative to deepen people’s Biblical understanding of work and equip them to create a thriving culture.
- 5 day Mission trip to the Dominican Republic with Mission Emanuel.
- A place with the REST Initiative - Soul care, including 90 min counseling session with a professional Christian counselor every 3 weeks.
- Silent/Solitude Retreat at Mepkin Abbey monastery in South Carolina.
- Coursework in Biblical Entrepreneurship.
- Fellows Lunch Series with local community leaders.
- Fellows Fun Day 3 times a semester; visit a theme park, play at the beach or go tubing at the springs.
Participation in Lifework Leadership Lunch Series featuring nationally recognized speakers.
Participation in a thriving 20's ministry at First Presbyterian Church of Orlando.
Read about the Program Essentials
To learn more about becoming a fellow in the Fall of 2017, contact program director Bret Allen.
Email a complete electronic copy to email@example.com.